Putting the Rabbit in the Hat (Book 1, Post 1)
I have always been amazed by people who are able to reveal the unvarnished truth regarding aspects of their life. I was first drawn to raw and personal writing by my now favorite book Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey. Most likely stemming from my people pleasing tenancies, I have found that I often struggle to be candid. However, Greenlights taught me a lot about the importance of honestly reflecting on the past to better understand who you are in the present. I hoped to continue this reflection through Putting the Rabbit in the Hat by Brian Cox. While Cox's career seemed interesting, my intention in reading this memoir was to learn from his voice and potentially understand how to be more genuine when reflecting on my interactions and experiences.

Cox's commitment to authenticity furthers the potency of universal themes displayed throughout the memoir such as resilience and identity. These themes are woven through his stories. For instance, Cox's journey from a young, inexperienced actor to a seasoned artist speaks to the universal struggle of finding and asserting one’s identity in a challenging environment.
Overall, I am excited to continue learning not only from Cox's experiences but the way in which he reflects on and shares them. I am happy to say that this novel will likely sit atop my list of favorite memoirs.
Comments
Post a Comment