You NEED this tent. (RANDOM POST 1)
A Sales Pitch for Ozark Trail's One Person $30 Backpacking Tent
Living in Los Angeles can be a lot. Sometimes it can feel like your drowning in the constant noise of beeping horns, whirling helicopters and jackhammers on that never-ending construction project. Everybody deserves an escape from the craziness of the city to exhale. Just outside of Los Angeles are some of the most beautiful campgrounds I've ever experienced. However, spending a night under the starts can seem impossible when price tags on gear become scary and your backpacker friend says "you reallllyy can't get a good tent for under $300..." or "you MUST have this 0ยบ Ultralight Sleeping Bag or you're going to have a terrible experience." I'm here to tell you that they are WRONG! This post is aimed at sharing one of my favorite affordable camping items, Ozark Trail's One Person Backpacking Tent, that can get you motivated to start camping on a budget!
What to Expect
The product comes with color coded poles, which are used to prop up the tent, a mesh ceiling with an optional waterproof cover and a waterproof base to keep you nice and dry throughout the night. The tent is very easy to set up, especially if you follow this video. Likewise, I have found it to be very durable. So far, I have used mine through a summer of weekend camping trips! Another cool feature is the pocket shown in image 2 to the right. This pocket can be used to store necessities such as a flash light so they are readily available at any point in the night.
An Important Addition
It is worth noting that the base of the tent is simply a water proof layer with no insulating or cushioning properties. This means things can get a bit uncomfortable if you aren't prepared.However, fear not! Dig through your closet and dust off that yoga mat and voila! You now have an insulated bottom layer with some additional padding! If you have yet to go through your ~yoga phase~, here's an alternative option: a budget-friendly inflatable sleeping pad! These things are basically air mattresses' cooler, outdoorsy cousin—super lightweight, easy to stuff in your bag, and they'll keep you from waking up feeling like a human pretzel.

Hi Will! Such a great budget friendly option for camping! Thank you for supplying links to purchase, set up, and decorate this tent! I haven't been camping in probably 10 years, but 30 dollars seems like a steal so I might have to start soon. Great inclusion of what to expect when purchasing and setting up this tent.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the helpful advice! I really appreciate that you left embedded links too, if I ever decide to get this, I will 100% be coming back to this!
ReplyDeleteI loved this advice, especially for someone always looking for cost-friendly fun activities. Your relatable tone and creative solutions, like using a yoga mat for insulation, really help make camping seem accessible and fun
ReplyDeleteAlthough I have only been camping once, I really enjoyed this article! I feel like this would make the idea of going camping seem much easier. If I ever need a one-person tent, I will come back to this article!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a huge camper but you defintely made escaping to nature sound like a great idea. If I ever go camping this tent will be my top choice!
ReplyDeleteThe one thing that scares me about camping is the insects. I would love to know how well this tent keeps out bugs!
ReplyDeleteWow, I've never really camped outside of LA before, but this post really convinced me. It sounds liek a great escape from the noisy, bustling big city. If I ever decide to camp, I will definitely buy that tent. Sounds like an affordable yet useful purchase :)
ReplyDelete